Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Life in Sydney - Part V

I always wanted to visit other cities in Australia but didn't have much chance due to my work. In one weekend my colleague got a car from her sister and we decided to go to Canberra. Australia is really a big continent. It looks so near in the map but actually takes more than 3 hours drive from Sydney to Canberra.


It was a rainy day and Canberra was colder than Sydney. We visited the new and old Parliament House, and the War Memorial Museum. I took a picture at the House of Representatives but unfortunately my memory card spoiled and I lost all the pictures. The pictures you see here are from my colleague's camera.

















House of Representatives of New Parliament House

The War Memorial Museum is a nice museum but too bad I don't know much about the history of WWI. The only hall that I could make a connection was the invasion of Malaya by the Japanese during WWII.






















War Memorial Museum

We stayed in a motel that night. That was the first time I stayed in a motel. After a heavy breakfast in the next morning, we went to Old Bus Depot Market.

















Old Bus Depot Market

Before we left Canberra, we stopped by Lake Burley Griffin to take some photos.

















New and Old Parliament house, seen from the northeast across Lake Burley Griffin































On our way back, we went into a small town called Goulburn and then the third largest city in New South Wales, Wollongong.

















Goulburn town

















A lighthouse at Wollongong

Many people said Canberra is just like our Putrajaya, nothing much to see except the government buildings. Well, I have to agree... May be because it was winter and raining, we didn't enjoy much. Anyway, at least I have been to Canberra, Goulburn and Wollongong. :)

5 comments:

Selba said...

What happened to your memory card?

I would like to visit Canberra.. should take the 1 day city tour but I didn't do it :(

How's the motel in OZ? nice? how much does it cost per room?

kaywin said...

spoiled lor.

Were you there as a student or tourist? May be it is more fun to join a tour but 1 day seems to be too rush.

The motel was ok. AUD75 per room per night. The bed has heater somemore.

Btw, r u M'sian or Indonesian?

jasonho said...

Bluff people one, this post is about Canberra wor, not Sydney. ;-p

kaywin said...

It was part of my life in Sydney ma...

Selba said...

I was traveling by myself :)

I'm an Indonesian but these days, I have been hanging around mostly with malaysian, hehehe...

LOL -> jasonho's comment.