Thursday, October 12, 2006

Liver Cleansing

I work in a Shared Service, Outsourcing (SSO) company which serves its end markets around the globe. My company operates 24 x 7 x 365 and I am required to work night shift from time to time.

Some said that our body organs rest at different time of the day and for liver, its resting time is between 1am-3am. So my mom said my liver must be full of toxic because of my shift hours and need to be cleansed. She gave me a liver cleansing formula she obtained from an organic detoxification camp she attended quite sometime ago and asked me to follow the diet.

Personally I believe that our body has its own biological clock. So I doubt that the time our body organ rests is fixed at certain hours, unless someone can convince me that the resting time is closely related to the sun or the moon. I guess the resting time mentioned in most articles are general guidelines for most people who live a normal lifestyle. For people who work on shift, our body should be able to adjust accordingly. However, if you keep changing your sleeping hours from nighttime to daytime too often then I am sure it will affect your health. Can someone please comment on this?

Although I don't agree with the fixed resting time theory, I still went on for the detoxification. An unhealthy liver will cause skin irritation, weak eyesight, a bowel problem, an irregular menstrual cycle, a recurring headache, weight gain, loss of energy, sudden aging, restricted blood vessels, bloated intestines, digestive problems, breathing difficulties, memory and concentration loss, pain in the joints, or any major illness such as heart disease, cancer, MS, diabetes or Alzheimer's etc. How nice it would be if liver cleansing can improve health problems mentioned above. Furthermore, there is no harm trying it.


So, you must be interested to know the formula huh?






















Here it goes:
1 tablespoon of Organice Blackstrap Molasses
1 teaspoon of Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil
1 lemon - squeeze the juice
a little bit of cayenne pepper

Mix the ingredients and drink it every morning right after you wake up. Do this for 10 days consecutively. It tastes sour at first but a bit sweet towards the end, but certainly not like sweet and sour chicken.

You can try this as frequent as you want and it will be good if you can at least cleanse your liver once every 6 months.

Sorry that I can't tell you if the formula really cleansed my liver but my recent blood test report says that my liver is in good condition.

Btw, I am not going to be responsible for your health for trying out the formula, please try at your own risk... :p

No comments: