Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Life in Sydney – Part I

I was in Sydney for a project from May-August but have not talked much about it since I came back. So, I just feel like writing something about it now.

I was staying in a place called Coogee, a suburb about 20 minutes drive from the city. It is a nice place with restaurants, mini market, hotels and pubs around. The best part is there is a nice beach just 300 meters from the apartment I stayed.














































Too bad it was winter, so there weren’t many people sunbathing.



















pathway for jogging and dog walking

















Dogs are not allowed on the beach



This is the 1 bedroom service apartment I stayed, not bad huh?

















The living room

















Kitchen

















Dining room


The cost of living at Coogee is quite high, normal meal costs about AUD10-20 (MYR 27.50-55.00). Even a breakfast meal and a cup of coffee cost about AUD20 too. However, it is not bad to sit in front of the restaurant, enjoy the sunlight, see people walking by while having your breakfast in a Sunday morning.

I went to work by bus everyday. Taking bus in Sydney is not too bad compared with my experience in KL. Because the weather is not humid, you don’t feel sticky after taking bus. The buses are clean, well maintained and the most impressive part is, they are punctual!!! I haven’t taken bus for a long time in KL, I wonder how is it like traveling RapidKL nowadays? Is it rapid?


4 comments:

jasonho said...

So unfair la. My room suck big time, somemore infested with cockroaches.

kaywin said...

Should avoid staying on Ground Floor. I saw one in mine too.

Selba said...

HUH??? there are cockroaches in Sydney? oh my.... I thought it supposed to be a clean city, no? hahaha...

kaywin said...

Not in the city but in the serviced apartment. Cockroaches can be found anywhere in the planet. Haven't you seen those big Australian cockroaches in Fear Factor?