Monday, December 11, 2006

Top 10 Annoying Drivers

Driving in KL (or Malaysia??) can be quite torturing and frustrating. Sometimes we blame stupid road planning for causing traffic jam, such as the flyover at Pandan Indah. Vehicles coming from Tasik Selatan turning to Pandan Jaya and vehicles coming out from Pandan Indah going to Ampang are fighting to change lanes. For this, I don't think we can do much but to hope that there won't be too many idiots becoming road or city planner in the future.

On the other hand, driving can be frustrating due to many annoying drivers. Here are my top 10:

1. Illegal Parking double parking and blocking others. I hope they don't cry if their car is scratched or knocked by others.


2. Didn't signal Some people do not give signal before changing lane, especially aunties. One side of their wheels will be on the line, trying to get into your lane but hesitate if it is safe to do so. There are also some who do not give signal before turning at junction, causing others who want to cross the road waiting.

3. Signal and turn While some don't give signal, some scary aunties thought they can just turn right away after giving signal, assuming that others will just give way.

4. Cut queue Cutting queue actually causes more jam as vehicles are fighting for lanes. But I guess those selfish drivers won't care about others who have been queuing.

5. No Headlights especially when it is raining. It's time to switch on the headlights when you can't see the car behind, or other cars have turned on their headlights.

6. Emergency lane It is for emergency use but a lot of idiots use it to skip the traffic jam, which could be dangerous to vehicles which parked there during emergency.

7. Slow down to watch accident It's very common that a mishap causing long traffic jam because people slowing down to see what happened. The worse part is it also causes jam to the opposite direction. I really cannot understand!!!


8. Throw rubbish from vehicles A lot of people do this in front of their children, and the children will do the same when they grow up...sigh...

9. Ignoring solid line and turn while it is not permitted.

10. Hazard light Some people switch on hazard light during heavy rain. Hello, non-commercial vehicles should use hazard lights only for safety purposes to indicate a temporary hazard to traffic, for example, when your vehicle has broken-down and you are awaiting assistance, or on a vehicle that’s being towed.

I think I will be under some pressure not to do any of the above when I drive some of you around next time. Actually I am not a Saint and I can't guarantee that I won't make any mistake, e.g. I might have to cut queue if I am not familiar with the road and went into the wrong lane. I believe some of you might also do the same mistake. But at least it is important to try our best and be considerate of others when we drive next time.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, after driving in KL for about a year now, I find the drivers in KL are way better than the drivers in Ipoh.

I guess in Ipoh, all your 10 points applies to 80% of the drivers. For the 20% drivers, I presumed they are from outstation (KL) :P. But maybe, we should excuse the poor driving skills because 50% of the population in Ipoh are either pensioners or from the older generation.

Let me add another annoying habit of drivers. Driving at snail pace on the fast lane! I find this very annoying, especially when you're late for work! In Ipoh, there is no difference between the fast lane and the normal one. So, people will still crawl at 40km/h on the fast lane...70km/h means you're speeding already! Hehehe....Take note of this when you happen to come to Ipoh.

Lastly, I wanna comment on your point num 4.I have to applaud the officers in Singapore.A few years back when I went to Singapore, at the exit, there was a massive jam as lots of cars were queeing up. A lot of cars were cuting queues happily, only to be stopped by the officers guarding in front, forcing them to start from the end of the line once more..Bravo, I must say!

kaywin said...

I agree that you need patience when drive in Ipoh. I think driving in Penang is equally frustrating, you are more scared than those motorcycle riders...

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Penang is another terrifying place o drive..Penangites who are reading this..No offence ya.

In Penang, the people there have cultivated a culture of honking freely...It'damn irritating..AND...most of them are very selfish(again no offence). I've driven there a lot of times, and everytime, I give a signal indicating, I'm gonna change lanes, the driver behind will immediately picked up speed, honk continuosly to tell me to get out of the way!!! In KL, whenever you put on your signal, the people behind will graciously give way..mm..And I find that there's no Law and Order in Penang. Really testing my driving skills there! Phew!

Anonymous said...

One common offense you forgot is tailgating, but I must admit I do that sometimes too. I bet girlnextdoor does it too when she is faced with people driving 40 km/h. Being quite a panas baran sometimes (yeah, I know I don't look it), I even gave dirty looks when I managed to overtake.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I see old people inside those cars. I mean, you can't expect these seniors to be as zippy as we are. I guess young people will never understand until they grow old lah.

Sometimes I also feel that I'll kena belasah one of these days when I overtake after tailgating only to see some gangster looking guy driving. Hopefully I won't kena Ah Long or some triad member. Hehehe...

kaywin said...

I used to give middle finger when I am pissed off, but nowadays I don't dare anymore...

jasonho said...

roadbully: what if the driver is a hot chick?

Anonymous said...

jasonho: that's even worse. if a hot chick possess such lame driving attitude, she's nothing better than a dumb blonde.

Anonymous said...

If hot chick, I will of course "kiss" her err.. I mean her car to get her number lah.