Thursday, December 07, 2006

Why Blog?

I would like to share an interesting story I read quite some time ago...

Somewhere on this planet, there was a village where its people practice a religion that prohibits them from going out during holiday. There was a guy called Ah Beng who felt bored on a holiday and decided to play some golf. He thought no one would see him after all. So, he went out and played 9 holes.

Although he felt a bit guilty, it was so fun that he couldn't help himself to play for another 9 holes. Unfortunately what he did was observed by the guardian and the guardian told God about it. God said, 'It is ok, I will punish him'. Without knowing he had been observed, Ah Beng continued to play another 9 holes. This time he shot 9 hole in one!!! He was so so excited.

The guardian was puzzled and couldn't believe why Ah Beng was not punished but even got 9 hole in one. So he went and asked God again. God replied, 'I have already punished him. What punishment is better than not able to share his happiness with others?'

The moral of the story is to share your happiness with others, otherwise you are punishing yourself.
I guess this is why most people blog, to share.


But I think besides that bloggers also hope to get some feedback too, it's fun to read other people's comments. Blogs with no comment is like telling someone you hit a hole in one but getting a feedback like 'ok...'

So, feel free to comment ya?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmn.. this article is ".OK ..."

Anonymous said...

Just kidding, brother !!

This article is great.

I am not good in writing, so I rather share it (not only happiness) verbally. That's why I am talkative.

Anonymous said...

Bringing us round a big circle, just to send us 1 message!

Anyway, as you've asked me before for my comments on your blogs, and I replied previously. (Now I understand why you asked me this question that day). I will write them out once more.

I find your blog very informative, and I realized that our Lee Kay Win is not a nerd or 'Sou Lou' after all. You have a variety of interest, which sorta impress me...mmm...Your blog is also like a forum where we get to complain and pour out our dissatisfaction.

The only thing you can add on is(this is my opinion la)to include some humour here and there..And of course, include more pictures, coz people like me(who's terrified of words...lazy la)love to look at photos..:P

But, as I've said previously...every blogger or every author has their own style in writing, and there are different types of people in this world, with different preferences.You will not be able to please all of them. Even Kenny Sia, a lot of my friends say he sucks!But, he still has a lot of fans..In short, you can't please everyone...

I enjoy reading your blog.Enough said. :)