Saturday, November 18, 2006

Scoop

I just watched Scoop. I watched it because of Scarlett Johansson and Woody Allen.





















I first noticed Scarlett Johansson in 'Lost In Translation' (didn't realise she was the little girl in 'The Horse Whisperer' many years ago) and then 'Girl with aPearl Earring' (I got to know Johannes Vermeer, the famous Dutch painter because of this movie). I like her not only because she is gorgeous but also because she is a very good actress. In Scoop, she wore glasses and loose shirt, not as hot as she was in 'Match Point'. I was wondering if she was pregnant.

As for Woody Allen, I only started to notice his movie after I watched
'The Curse of The Jade Scorpion'. His comedy has its own style with wacky humor, very different from those Hollywood no brainer comedies. It may not make you laugh as hard but you would appreciate his sense of humor. Besides comedy, he is also good in directing drama. His previous movie 'Match Point' was a really good one.

Scoop is about an American journalism student (Johansson) in London scooping a big story, and begins an affair with an aristocrat (Jackman) as the incident unfurls. It is very British like 'Match Point' with similar style of 'The Curse of The Jade Scorpion'. For those who are a bit tired of Hollywood no brainer comedies, 'Scoop' is something different for you.

3 comments:

Selba said...

Sounds an interesting movie, maybe I should find the DVD :)

MasterMind said...

Hmmm.. I didn't think Scarlett was very convincing as "Jordan Two Delta" or as the lady in Prestige though.

But maybe I will check Scoop out. Haven't bought DVDs for such a long time.

kaywin said...

I haven't watched 'Prestige' yet, still waiting for DVD.