Thursday, February 15, 2007

Leaking Toilet 2

After I complained about the leaking toilet problem to the developer, they sent 2 plumbers to take a look at it.

They first checked the water pressure for 15 mins but it didn't drop, so they ruled out the pipe problem. They suggested me not to use the toilet for a week, if no more leaking, then it has to be the floor problem.

After a week, they found it strange that the bathroom downstairs still leaks. The only possibility now is thewater actually came from the air-con pipe. They then suggested me not to switch on the air-con and cover any gap between tiles with water proof cement.

When I went to hardware shop, they told me that water proof cement is sold in 25kg, and only used under the tiles. This means that the floor must be hacked. As I try not to do any hacking, I bought a liquid sealant and squeeze the whole 500ml bottle into all the holes i could find between the tiles. Not feeling that this will work, I went bought another water proof sealer. First covered the holes with white cement, waited for a day to dry, washed the floor, waited for another day to dry and applied the sealer 3 times.

Ta...da...Look at the tiles, it's still wet and shining.


























I have sacrificed many days trying to fix this thing, just hope it will work.

Will see...





No comments: