Monday, February 05, 2007

The Prestige

I just watched 'The Prestige' last night. The ending is 'good', good as in so unexpected, really lives up to its name - 'prestige'.


























Watching 'The Prestige' reminds me of David Copperfied. I remember that I didn't like to watch magic shows other than DC's when I was small. He made other magicians' tricks looked cheap. I can still remember him walking through the Great Wall of China; making the Statue of Liberty disappear; escape from a chained raft while being hung above Niagara Falls. Sometimes he liked to make the audience think that he failed, but suddenly appeared from the other end. That was the prestige, and he is the master of it.

Anybody knows how he did all these? Did he used a double? owned a Tesla machine or a teleporter? May be the one who was being chained to the raft was his double. More interestingly, I wonder if he lives a life like Angier or Borden; constantly looking for new tricks; worry about others trying to steal his tricks; keeping secrets from others...

Perhaps only DC knows...

5 comments:

Selba said...

Oh... I missed the Prestige movie!! But... I will make sure to find the DVD and going to watch it!

DC is a great magician!!! Better than Houdini??? I really want to know how he made the liberty statue disappear :D

jasonho said...

KW, can pinjam the DVD? hehe.

kaywin said...

selba: It's a good movie.
Btw, siapa Houdini? :p

jason: Sure. Next week?

Selba said...

Houdini is the most famous magician in the old days :)

You can check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houdini

Unknown said...

i used to like DC, but now i more prefer David Blaine's style, anywhere, anytime, any people on the street....