Friday, January 26, 2007

Leaking Toilet

I received a call from the management office of my apartment today, saying that my neighbour downstair complains that the water from my master bedroom toilet is leaking into hers.

The toilet looks pretty bad, the ceiling already turned brown. After open up the ceiling, you can see water drops all over the top and some already crystalised and formed stalactite. I was hoping that it was just leaking pipe but it looks more serious than that.

Everyone told me that when this thing happens, it's always the owner upstair's responsibility to fix it. If really have to hack all the tiles and fix this, it might cost some money (2k?) and how am I going to monitor the work for few days?!!

Since this doesn't actually affect my toilet, I really wanted to ignore. But after looking at the situation and being a nice guy, I also pity the lady (pity myself too). The apartment is just over 3 years and it's already leaking water. I have always been told that IOI is a good developer but I am really disappointed with them now. I am going to COMPLAIN and COMPLAIN and COMPLAIN, if they don't want to pay for the cost, I am going to spread this and tell people not to buy their property.

So angry now.... >:(

Oops, my brother just bought one!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, both you and tenant below you are the victims of the irresponsible developers. I think most of the devlopers these days are not as careful and responsible as the developers during our parents' generation.

Even my rented house, which is quite new..leaks too! It has been leaking for a year already, and finally 2 weeks ago, the whole ceiling came crashing down!!! Thank God this piece of ceiling is at the porch, so, no one was hurt and no one's car was damaged. But it was scary!

jasonho said...

It can also be due to poor quality construction materials being use these days by developers as a way of cost cutting.

Unless you build and supervise your own house during construction, there is nothing can prevent you from getting defects even if its a landed property.

So, house is just like car, it will age, thus need constant maintenance to keep intact. To me, its a part and parcel of life already.

Good luck to you kaywin. Hope the developer will compensate all damages soon enough before you start moving to another house.

Unknown said...

nightmare....
yeah, i just bought one :(
hope that their so called 'most luxury@Puchong' with much better QC and material use...

it is really inconvenience to have the toilet hacked and get it repair, remembered my colleague unit encountered the same situation when we were staying on Taman Anggrek Condo during our project few years back, luckily the management cover all the cost....

but after few days, foreign workers in out your unit like no body business.......scary too.

Anonymous said...

Is the female tenant downstairs pretty?

kaywin said...

belle-á-belle: Unfortunately not, not to mention I don't like 'wantan'.