Monday, November 19, 2007

Lei Duo Duo (GoodBye) Yunnan

Just came back from a 16-day backpack trip to Yunnan with Yongo Travel. Initially I wanted to go to Beijing this year, but had to cancel it due to some reasons. Actually I have never thought of going to Yunnan before this, as I die die must go for a trip to breakaway from work, I signed up for this trip alone. But with good companies and breathtaking scenaries, there is no regret. Although a bit tiring, the trip was really enjoyable.



















Transit at the latest Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport


I was learning my new Nikon D40x along the way, luckily there were some 'sifu' around. Most photos taken are actually quite disappointing (only notice that after downloading to PC). I have to blame my skill although some was due to cloudy weather most of the time.


















Omega Bend of JinSha River (金沙江)


























Great view on the way to ZhongDian aka Shangri-la



















White Water Terrace (白水台), one of the three in the world




















































松赞林寺@Shangri-la



















Snowing at 飞来寺



















MingYong Glacier


























Playing snow at 白马雪山白马丫口, 4292m above sea level



















Trekking at Tiger Leaping Gorge (虎跳峡)


























Want to jump, anyone?


























View from my my room at Tea Horse Guest House



















万古楼@丽江

I think the worst tourist experience in China would be its public toilet. Dirty and stinky. The standard design doesn't come with any door (may be the locals don't need it as some don't even bother to close the door when doing big business), 2 compartments sharing the same drain with a little wall separating in between. You may be able to tell what the guy next to you was eating by looking into the drain.


























Despite the greatest toilet view, I just couldn't do it, can you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwww....that's extremely gross. I have lost my train of thoughts after I read the last part, where you say you can guess what the person next door ate. Ewwwwwww......I dun think I can even pee, what else doing your business there..

Anyway, although you may say that your photos din turn out right,me,as a non-profesional phoographer, find all of them amazing...I particularly liked the one with the Omega Bend Of Jinsha River. And you have a really good view from your room.

Unknown said...

kekekeke when in emergency, you have no choice BUT to do the business there too....

once i entered one public toilet at Fuzhou@China in the small street...
Waliao...both colleague and myself also wanna vomit..BUT still have to pee...and I chose the corner and took out the camera wanna have shot on how local doing business there (2 men were in there reading newspaper / smoking while doing business)

Guess what?!! My camera setting defaulted to Auto Flash after turned ON and IT DOUBLE FLASH in that dark toilet!!!!

we are like RUN out of the toilet and till quite far then only slow down...and try to convince ourself that those people will not chase us as still doing business kekekekeke

good experience...

Unknown said...

any detail of the location on Google Earth?
should post the photo at the Panaromio and map it on Google Earth so the whole world can share your photos there :-)

Selba said...

I would love to visit Yunnan... beautiful pictures that you snaps :)

Happy new year 2009.