Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lam's Farewell

Last night we had a farewell dinner for Lam at Las Caritas, USJ. 14 of us turned up including Imeo and her chai chai + sister, who came all the way from Seremban.




















Las Caritas is a mexican restaurant and there was quite a lot of customers. The food was quite good, at least for my wagyu beef. But nobody enjoyed better than Mabel, she had the presidente wagyu beef that comes with
foie gras.

Somehow the session felt more like a normal dinner.
Lam, you forgot to give some speech lah...













































Eric quickly button his shirt up after seeing Yi Wei arrived with her sexy 'silk stocking' outfit.





















We went to Putrajaya to see some fireworks after the dinner. There were a lot of people and it was so so jam when we reached Putrajaya. We were just in time when we arrived. Most people were like us, want to see fireworks for free, that's why we could only see from far far away and my amateur camera could only take some lousy fireworks photos.

The fireworks lasted for 15 mins and everyone was rushing back right after that. It was even more jam on the way back. The car was stand still on the Seri Wawasan Bridge, I could even take some photos of it. We almost finished listening to 2 CDs in the car, and took us about 1.5 hours to reach USJ.



























I think it is still ok to go watch 15 minutes of fireworks in Putrajaya but certainly not worth it to be stuck in the jam for 1.5 hour. Because it was already too late, the night ended without a third session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although it was uneventful, as non of us were drunk..:P..but I did enjoy myself a lot. The food was great. I enjoyed the food there, the ambiance as well. But it was hard to have all of us communicating as the table was oh-so-long...In order to talk to u, either I have to wait for u to turn to face me..or asked someone in the middle to call u..or I rather give up telling u something..

The fireworks performance, although was not as long as I wished it would be, was still fantastic. Reminds me of the time when I was a child, and every new year, or other events when there're fireworks, my siblings and I would all scramble out to the garden, (sometimes ended up, wearing 2 left slippers, sometimes different sizes slipper...sometimes barefooted) coz we were afraid to miss out..And I still remember my first firework watching, was where my dad took out a stool for me to stand on it, with him holding my hands...and my siblings and I exclaimed non-stop....

Really wonderful memories..And no regrets at all!!!