Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rock Climbing




















I tried Rock Climbing in Menara Summit many years ago. It exercises your whole body and is a very good sport. You have to go with someone because you need to belay each other while the other is climbing. I tried several times but then stopped because of other commitment.

Few weeks back our company set up a climbing wall at KL Convention Centre as one of the games for the Zone Meeting. Many had fun climbing it and it just rekindled my interest to climb again. This time I wanted to try out the largest indoor climbing gym in Asia, Camp5 in 1 Utama. It is bigger, has better ambience and of course more expensive.
Today I went with my colleague thinking that we could have some good exercise and fun. It turned out that you must declare you know how to tie a Figure of Eight knot, the belay technique and some other basic rock climbing stuff. Too bad I have forgotten all these after 5-6 years. We wanted to join the 1 hour crash course but too bad the next slot would only be available 2 hours later.











The Figure of Eight knot that I have forgotten

We ended up watching '300'...

Lesson Learned:

1. Check out all the information before simply walk in.
2. For beginners, better go to Nomad Adventure in Menara Summit to learn the basic first. It's cheaper somemore the marshal will teach you the basic stuff for free.

No comments: